Cleaning Storefront Windows
The storefront windows are the face of your business. They can make or break a customer’s first impression of your brand, and this is not just about putting together the perfect display. Always remember and prioritize to keep your windows spick-and-span. Therefore, cleaning storefront windows is very important for your store and your business.
Your storefront windows may be the first impression you make on potential customers who pass by your business, particularly if you have a beautiful display and/or colorful signage.
One of the biggest mistakes your business can make with storefront windows is failing to keep storefront displays clean. Foggy or dirty windows are noticeable and can discourage potential customers. Not to mention, they give off the impression that you don’t care much about hygiene and don’t give attention to details.
When considering all of the factors that contribute to the success of a business, windows are probably not one of the first things that come to mind. However, the integrity and appearance of your storefront windows can have an impact on how your business is perceived, so it’s important to keep them clean.
As a business owner, you’re already juggling too many responsibilities to add another task to your to-do list. Nor do you want to have one of your employees take time away from important business responsibilities to clean your windows.
Hiring a commercial window cleaning service is the best solution for keeping your storefront windows clean without disrupting daily productivity. So, here are some of the top benefits of hiring a professional company to clean your storefront windows.
While this is typically associated with preparing a house for sale, curb appeal is important to the success of your business. The exterior of your building gives potential customers their first impression of your business and can have a direct impact on whether they decide to walk in or walk away.
Dingy, streaked windows will tend to create a negative first impression. Hiring a commercial window cleaning company to regularly clean your windows can provide potential customers with a positive first impression and encourage them to do business with you.
Not only will keeping your storefront windows clean improve your business’ curb appeal but it will also enhance the appearance of its interior. The natural light coming in through the windows will brighten the interior of your store.
It can also have a positive effect on your employees and customers alike. Employees would much rather work in a bright and clean environment which can lead to a more positive atmosphere and increased productivity thanks to cleaning storefront windows regularly.
All of this combined will make your business more attractive to customers which can lead to increased sales and customer loyalty.
If left to collect over time, dirt and debris can actually damage your storefront windows. The outside of your building’s windows can become the outside window glass can become infused with contaminants such as hard minerals, oxidization, paint, caulking, and other materials.
Hiring a commercial window cleaning service will keep your windows clean and help prevent permanent damage.
Efficient and Cost-Effective
Although some business owners may view hiring a commercial window cleaning company as just another unnecessary expense, doing it yourself or having an employee do it can actually be more expensive.
They will not be working on their own tasks but you will still be paying them. This results in lost productivity which costs money. Also, it will probably take longer and the results may not be as good as if a professional completed the job.
Armed with the right equipment and extensive experience, a commercial window cleaning company can have your windows sparkling in no time.
Health and Safety
Typically, commercial window cleaning often involves climbing up and down a ladder. This is probably not something you or your employees do every day. Experienced professionals will know the proper precautions to take to avoid personal injury or property damage.
They will also be familiar with the cleaning solutions used and handle them properly as not to create a health risk.
How Often Should I Have My Commercial Windows Cleaned?
As the saying goes, you only have one chance to make a good impression. That is why it is so important for your business to keep storefront windows spotless.
I’m sure we have all encountered a commercial building with untidy landscaping, a trash-filled parking lot, and dirty, grimy windows. This lack of care gives customers and visitors the impression that the business is not thriving or that they simply do not care. This is most obviously NOT the impression you want to give.
However, you may be wondering just how often you need to have your storefront windows professionally cleaned. There really are no conclusive rules on this since every commercial space is different and every business has its own unique set of needs. But there are certain guidelines that can help you determine an appropriate schedule for cleaning storefront windows.
Here are some factors to keep in mind:
- Foot Traffic – You will want to consider the size of the building, the number of employees present each day along with the number of customers that visit your store. These details could affect the cleanliness of your storefront windows.
- Location – If your store is close to a highway or is on a busy street, your windows will likely get dirty much faster and will need more frequent cleaning.
- Weather – Rainy or snowy climates will obviously require a commercial window cleaning service to clean the windows frequently to remove the dirt and mineral deposits left by water.
- Landscaping – If your building is surrounded by dirt fields, is near trees that drip sap, or is alongside a parking lot, debris in the air may necessitate more frequent cleaning.
- Structure – While a unique architectural design can help your store attract attention, certain features, such as inset windows, may be more apt to collect dust and grime and require more frequent cleanings.
The type of business you run will likely be the biggest determining factor when creating a cleaning schedule. Here is a basic guideline to help you determine how often your type of facility should get the windows professionally cleaned:
- Retail Stores – The retail industry is very competitive. A good impression is critical to maintaining a positive image and gaining repeat customers. Your storefront windows are the first things your customers will notice when passing by. With a high amount of daily foot traffic, we recommend that your storefront windows get professionally and thoroughly cleaned inside and out at least every month. However, daily spot cleaning should also be part of your team’s routine.
- Restaurants – First, you will want to evaluate the types of customers you cater to when assessing the need for more frequent cleaning. For example, a family restaurant will likely serve small children. With children comes the unappetizing look of dirty, grimy, fingerprinted windows. Between professional cleanings, be sure that your team is spot cleaning windows to remove those fingerprints.
Second, you will want to keep in mind that restaurant air is filled with moisture and grease. For this reason, we recommend that restaurant windows get professionally cleaned inside and out every two weeks at the most.
- Healthcare Facilities – Whether you run a physician’s office, emergency clinic, dental practice, hospital, or other healthcare facility, you know that a spotless, well-maintained appearance is crucial for giving patients confidence that they will also be well cared for in a clean, sanitary environment.
- Office Buildings – Office buildings don’t typically need windows to be professionally cleaned quite as often as the above-mentioned businesses. The average office building should have a full cleaning (inside and out) about every 2 months. However, you may want to have your cleaning crew clean the windows in the lobby regularly since this area provides your company’s first impression.
There are many reasons you should leave your window cleaning to the professionals. To help make sure your store gives the best possible first impression to your customers, visitors and employees, make sure you develop and follow a schedule for cleaning storefront windows.
Make a Good First Impression!
Customers are attracted to things that catch their eye. When people are walking down the street past your store, you obviously want them to see what’s inside- whether it is clothes, your gourmet coffee menu, or your bakery items.
If they can’t see into your store to get a good look at what you have to offer, chances are they won’t even bother to come inside. Of course, there are strategies for increasing your sales. You can leave the front door open, place signs outside offering your specials for the day and ensure that your shop is well-lit and welcoming. However, none of these strategies matter if you have dirty windows.
Your store could have the biggest clothing sale or the best breakfast in Rockford, IL, but if your windows and the exterior of your store are dirty, customers will be repelled by your shop altogether. Customers are attracted to clean, presentable businesses, not dirty, dodgy ones.
Remember “You never get a second chance in making a good first impression.” This certainly rings true for any business running a store. Don’t put off cleaning storefront windows for some other time. You’ll never know when a potential customer happens to pass by.
Cleaning Storefront Windows
At RPW ProWash, we are more than ready and happy to help you to clean your storefront windows regularly to keep your business clean and attractive. For more information about storefront windows cleaning service, call us today at (779) 348-3135 or contact us here to get a FREE, no-obligation estimate.
Cleaning Storefront Windows